We want everyone who comes to the Oregon Convention Center to feel welcome, and provide all reasonable accommodations for people with health conditions or impairments to assist them in attending events held at the center.
Walks, curbs and ramps
“For someone in a scooter, this building is easy to move around in.” – OCC guest
- Grounds, walks and floor surfaces along accessible routes are stable, firm, and non-slip under most weather conditions.
- Sidewalks, leading from the front driveway loading and unloading zones for shuttle buses and taxis, and leading to the main facility entrances, are free of abrupt changes in surface level.
- Sidewalks and ramps have a 36-inch clear opening.
- Handrails are mounted 33 inches above the ramp surface, no more than 2 feet from the wall.
Entrances, corridors and stairs
- All lobby access points have automatic doors.
- All thresholds at exterior doors are flush with the floor.
- All stairs have handrails.
- All levels of the building are reachable by elevator.
- Raised Braille indicates both call buttons and floor designations.
- Control call and alarm buttons are accessible to persons in wheelchairs.
- Elevator doors are equipped with an automatic bumper safety system.
- Restrooms for each gender are available in public areas.
- Family and gender neutral restrooms are also available in public areas.
- Restroom entrances have a clear opening of 32 inches and all public restroom entrances have automatic doors.
- Sinks are mounted at least 29 inches from the floor (measured from the bottom of the apron) for wheelchair knee clearance and the drainpipe allows for toe clearance.
- Faucet controls automatically start through sensors.
- All restroom dispensers and accessories are within reach of a person seated in a wheelchair.
- All restrooms have at least one stall with a clear, 32-inch opening.
- The accessible toilet stall is arranged to provide either side or front approach by someone in a wheelchair.
- Grab bars are of sufficient length located along the sides and back of the accessible stalls.
- Flush controls and toilet paper rolls are positioned so someone using a front approach to the toilet can reach them.
All concession stands are accessible by wheelchair.
Meeting rooms, ballrooms and exhibit halls
- All meeting rooms, ballrooms and exhibit halls are accessible by wheelchair.
- Hallways and corridors between rooms have a clearance of 36 inches with allowance space for turning and passing.
- Doors to rooms have a clear opening of 32 inches.
- Thresholds of interior doors have a maximum edge height of half an inch.
- Meeting rooms, ballrooms and exhibit hall floors are non-slip, level and independently negotiable by persons in wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair lifts are available to use with raised podiums and platforms and should be requested ahead of time to prepare for use.
- Microphones are available and easily adjusted for flexible use.
- Meeting rooms and ballrooms can be equipped with Assistive Listening Device (ALD) transmission through existing systems. Request ALD during show registration or when purchasing tickets.
Wheelchair and scooter on-site rentals
- The center works with a third-party-vendor, ScooterBug, to offer five wheelchairs and five electric convenience vehicles (EVCs) for rent to patrons.
- Wheelchairs are $15 per day.
- ECVs rent for $35 per day.
- Equipment is available to rent on-site on a first come, first served basis.
- The rental period is on a daily basis, not per 24-hour period.
- Wheelchairs and ECVs can be returned at any point during the day, but will be charged the full rate.
Wheelchairs, scooters & other power-driven mobility devices (i.e. Segways)
- OCC only allows powered wheelchairs, scooters, and Segway’s for people with disabilities as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and as long as they can be operated safely in our facility.
- Only electric or battery powered OPDMD are allowed inside the facility.
- OPDMD cannot travel at a speed greater than the pedestrian traffic.
- OPDMD users must travel in pedestrian routes only.
- OPDMD users understand that on-site storage space is limited.
- All parking levels in the OCC parking garage include accessible spaces within easy access of elevators.
- There are 10 accessible spaces on Parking Level 1 (P1) and 11 accessible spaces on Parking Level 2 (P2).
- Parking Level 2 (P2) includes accessible areas with a 9-foot ceiling clearance to accommodate adapted vehicles.
Passenger drop-off and loading zones
- All zones are located on an accessible route to an accessible building entrance.
- All zones have adequate vertical and horizontal clearance.
- Not all zones have an unobstructed aisle next to the vehicle pull-up space. There is a public-use sidewalk, which may be obstructed by pedestrians and attendees.