We manage an industry leading facility that is effectively utilized and sustainably operated.
The Oregon Convention Center can host complex, large-scale events that require sophistication and detail. Like the city it is located in, the OCC is never satisfied in its pursuit of excellence. The sheer range of events reflects not only the OCC’s broad appeal as a hosting venue, but also its ability to capture the Portland zeitgeist, which embraces the alternative, mainstream and traditional all at once. This exemplifies the variety of businesses and clients seeking out Portland right now, and how the OCC has enabled and supported that growth by providing the most modern amenities, pioneering leadership in sustainable practices, and the best customer service in the industry.
The Oregon Convention Center serves as a catalyst for Oregon’s economy. In addition to the thousands of jobs supported by the facility, consumer spending totals more than $500 million each year as a result of the convention center’s business.
The Oregon Convention Center is owned and operated by Metro and managed through the Metropolitan Exposition Recreation Commission. Metro, the Portland area's regional government, works with communities, businesses and residents to chart a wise course for the future while protecting the things that people love about this place.
Main venue features and amenities
- Portland Ballroom: 34,200 square feet, divisible into eight sections with a 16,000-square-foot lobby.
- Oregon Ballroom: 25,200 square feet, divisible into four sections perfect for large breakouts.
- 255,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space with drive-in access from three street-level entries.
- 52 meeting rooms with 18-foot ceilings and individualized lighting sets.
- Two luxurious VIP suites overlooking their respective exhibit halls.
- Our Holladay Suites offer a complete office space with modern, fully appointed conference rooms, side offices, and a large adaptable central common area.
- 600-room Hyatt Regency hotel planned across the street for 2020.
- More exciting changes are coming with our interior and exterior renovations.
- Retail food locations serving both the exhibit halls and lobbies, two Portland Roasting Coffee cafés, and Stir Bistro and Lounge in the main lobby.
- High-speed Internet and Wi-Fi connections throughout, allowing up to 5,000 simultaneous connections.
- Our in-house GO Production Services department provides a complete lighting, sound, video and design solution.
- $2 million in artwork throughout our lobbies and public spaces.
- Extensive front and back-of-house recycling and composting programs.
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Platinum, Green Meeting Industry Council APEX/ASTM Level IV, and Salmon-Safe certified.
- OCC features one of the highest-producing solar power arrays ever installed on a U.S. convention center. Its 6,500+ solar panels produce more than 25 percent of the facility’s electricity.
OCC Renovation Project
An exciting renovation project is underway at the OCC that will include upgrades to the center's public spaces and a reconstruction of its exterior northeast entry.
More about the renovation
The Oregon Convention Center offers a range of job opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits packages. And you may be able to apply for jobs with a First Opportunity advantage if you live within the program target area.